Saturday, September 21, 2013

Artificial Healing

elephantmaze.tumblr.com

This is my latest piece. I wrote it near 4 a.m. in the morning and completed it today after 5 p.m. I was never a poet or nor I try to write poems. Lang Leav has inspired me to do poetry over the last few days. I thought to myself, I will write a poem a day, if not, a passage a day. I think I like spoken word more than poetry itself. The way a spoken word artist visually carries himself/herself with a message, and it's the voice he/she uses that always make me go, "Wow." Breathless, captivating. My best friend in high school was the best at spoken word. She recited Atmosphere precisely. Five or six years ago I wanted to try spoken word out, but my voice has no melody or confidence nor does my head memorize my writing. So I gave that up. A few years ago after a break-up, I found myself writing again but I couldn't really share it with anyone. The writing journey helped me heal tremendously. Right now I'm journaling on paper again, something I haven't done in a long time. I had written a book titled, "Glass Droplets" when I studied abroad in South Korea. It's not a published book, but it's something I produced that massed over 80 pages word doc. Quite an accomplishment, trust me, I did not want to sit in class bored.

I think I'm able to share these daily verses in my head with you. You don't have to understand it. As long as I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment